
She's queen of the world!!!

Our friends, Nick and Sabrina, showed us Geo Caching. For those who don't know what it is, people put little capsules or other treasures somewhere and log the GPS location on a website. Geo Cachers then log the GPS coordinates and search for the item. They are usually hidden pretty good, so it took some looking. We were unsuccessful finding this one (above).

I don't mean to brag, but I found this one. I wasn't able to get it out of the hiding spot, but Nick figured it out. There was a one foot long wire attached to a medicine bottle. Some of the items have just a piece of paper where you log your name showing you found it.

Everyone is looking for the next one. We actually met up with a couple that was there looking for the treasure as well. Nick and "Armando" started talking about how many they found and where they had placed some of theirs'. It was crazy. . . Nick said he remembered finding Armando's cache somewhere in the mountain (I think that's where it was).

This was the first one we found under the cover at the base of the light pole. You can see Nick holding the log, which was in a canister the size of an old 35mm film camera.

The gulf coast isn't the only ocean that has these beautiful structures littering the water. They actually are pretty impressive structures.

Looking down the Bolsa Chica coastline. There was a rain/wind storm the night before, which made for a beautiful morning after.

. . . And cold! I'm sure she would've loved a heated blanket then.

I thought it was going to rain again, but instead it made for some great sun rays.

Long Beach looks good,,,from here. I purposely left out the docks and Snoop Dogg's neighborhood. But then again, you can't see the ghetto from the shore.
No comments:
Post a Comment