I would first like to apologize for not posting any updates of our little girl for a long time. She is getting so big, so fast and I have not posted anything so that everyone out there can watch her grow too. This is bad because Cynthia and I have a lot of family that do not get to see her very often. I hope that everyone did not stop checking out this blog for updates. I promise to create entries more often than I am now. You're probably saying, 'Gee, you're gonna do an entry more than once every two to three months???' Well, it is a New Year's resolution I plan on sticking to.
We had a great holiday season this year starting with Halloween at Calico Ghost town. For Thanksgiving we had the opportunity to go to Marque and Sarah's house where we got to spend the week at their Cabin in Timber Lakes outside of Heber City Utah. We stayed home for the Christmas season so we could both spend time with our families close by us. Then to round out our holiday season we spent New Year's at Jim and Samantha's to help Hailey celebrate her birthday.
I am going to do a series of entries to document each of the holidays, one at a time. Otherwise this entry will be more of a novel. So, check back every couple of days for an update. I am going to start with Halloween:
We started the Halloween celebrations at Bates Nut Farm, which is a big family farm in the hills of north San Diego County. They have a permanant store where they sell, get this, nuts and other items like candy, crafty things and homemade fudge. Every year this farm transforms into a sort of fall festival where they mow their corn field into a maze, have horse drawn hay rides around the farm for the kids, small carnival rides and games, farm animals on display and a huge pumpkin patch. This is the main reason we go there. They have the best looking pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns. They also have a scare crow making contest, which we will participate in next year. We picked out a couple pumpkins, enjoyed the 85 degree weather and enjoyed some kettle corn. Grace had a great ride in either the stroller or the Baby Bjorn (baby backpack) on my chest. We thought we covered her completely with the sun block, but she still got a little red. Our first lesson in a baby's sensitive skin.
I suppose it could have been the 85 degree weather.
of small this year. Most years they have pumpkins big enough they could be
carved out and turned into a crib for Grace.
We had a very busy October, and it wasn't just Halloween celebration. We had a trip to Knott's Berry Farm, which for the record is way better than Disneyland, for Madyson's birthday celebration, had a birthday party for Mom and made good use of our trailer by going to Carlsbad State Beach and Calico. We did not have a free weekend all month, but that was just fine with us. We got to relax on our camping trips.
good point to paddle out.
Even an upside down roller coaster. By the way, Sunday morning is a great
time to go to Knott's. Not a single line in the whole park.
Well, there is more for our October, but I'm getting frustrated with this program and loading pictures. I'm going to start a new entry with pictures of Grace in all her costumes and Halloween gear. Bye for now.
It is fun to see the pictures of precious little Grace. It will be even more important for me from now on. Looking forward to all the updates, and then a New Year with all the "Grace Growing" pictures.
ReplyDeleteIf you do a regular blog people will regularly check. Well, I will try to take that advise myself and write more on my blog. I know I'm not cute, and don't change too much from day to day to add pictures to my blog, but i can keep you posted about what's happening in my life too.
Okay, my computer is working now. I am going to start doing a regular blog myself and I'm thinking you should too.
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate the pictures Cynthia, you, even Jim, Samantha, and Mady send me of Grace but it isn't enough. I am sooooo hungry for regular updates. Please. It is so hard for me to be far away.
I love you all!