Sunday, July 18, 2010

Playing catch up...

Cynthia started back to work on Friday and Grace went to the babysitter for the first time today. Cynthia told me the teacher aides might be the biggest trouble makers this school year, ha ha. Our babysitter came very highly recommended to us from a couple good parents, so we are happy to have her. Of course, best case scenario would be mommy taking care of her, but bills will not allow it just yet. We're working on it.

We are sad that summer has ended. We had a great time this summer with all of our family trips in our new trailer. We purchased the trailer before Grace was born because Cynthia and I are both travelers, but we were realistic in the fact that big exotic vacations probably won't happen as often as before we were plus 1. We didn't want our travelling experiences to stop so we thought a trailer was a great idea. Cynthia and I have always loved the outdoors and we now know Grace loves it too. Most of the mornings when Grace wakes up she is as mellow as can be, but she seems to get bored just laying on the bed or in her swing. When she starts to get a little fussy when the boredom sinks in and all we need to do is open the windows for her and she looks at the trees and birds flying around for a while (until her hunger or sleepiness overpowers the view).

Our trailer sat in storage until after Grace was born, but not long after she was born. Grace was camping less than one month. She loved it! I think this child will love the outdoors as much as her mom and dad. The puppy, Virgil, loves camping as well; although he did get some ticks while he was camping. (Side bar: We are waiting for blood test results to come back to see if Virgil has a tick-born disease from said ticks.) Our trips consisted of Father's Day at Lake Skinner with Jim, Samantha, Hailey, Madison, Scott Helbing, Kathy Helbing and their kids Max, Lauren and Brooklyn (hope I spelled those right). We had a great time although no one caught a fish. Next trip was to Vail Lake with Cheryl, Tami, Randy, Ashtyn and Gavin Winchell. Again we had great time. The weekend after Vail was Pismo Beach with just the three of us. We met our friends Sam and Jeanette there and introduced Grace to my Aunt Kathy. Next we went on a week long trip to Shaver Lake in the mountains outside of Fresno. I never knew there were mountains out there. This was a trip Cynthia and her family did just about every year growing up. Her family always went up with the Lindalls, who used to be their neighbors in Chino. We thought it would be fun to have a reunion trip with the them so we were met by David and Nancy Lindall, Lisa Lindall, now Lisa Jaroslow, her husband Keith and their three boys, Cheryl, Tami and the kids and Bob Allen spent most of the week with us. We had a great time and missed having Tina and Christopher, Randy, Janice, Bryan and all the kids. Next time. Well, enough blabbering and parenthesis usage. . . here are the pics:


This is Grace's favorite place and therefore Virgil's favorite place.
Virgil is a good protector of the baby and always looks out for her.


Sunset at Pismo Beach. It was a little colder than I thought
it would be on July 31st, but beautiful none the less.
And these two beauties made it even better.
(meaning Cynthia and Grace)


"I am one cool chick."


This is Grace's first time in the pool and she loved it!!
She and her cousin Leah will love swimming together
When they get older.

I'm a model. You know what I mean?. . .


She took a dip in her froggy floaty at the pool in Vail Lake.
Other than the kids around her splashing, she loved it.

Although the shirt says, "Daddy makes me smile"; this
was Uncle Randy making her smile.

A little tummy time. Or face time. This was over a month
ago and now she is pulling her knees it and her hands under her.
She will be crawling in no time.


We spent the day with Aunt Kathy while we were in Pismo Beach.
Aunt Kathy pretended to be afraid of holding her for a whole 3
seconds. She just couldn't resist her grand-niece for too long.


We went 4-wheelin' on the sand at Pismo Dunes with her jogging
stroller. Odd thing is the rough rides in her stroller and the next
day in my truck quickly put her to sleep each time.


We are getting pool ideas at the Hearst Castle. Is 1.2 million
dollars too much to pay for a pool without a waterslide???


Sam was teaching Grace how to do eskimo kisses. Don't mean
to brag, but she picked it up pretty quick. Yes I know Sam did all the work.

Mommy and baby at Shaver Lake. This was a great way
to spend our ONE YEAR anniversary, camping with the family.

Virgil hated the ducks at Shaver Lake. I think the ducks knew he
didn't like swimming because they stayed just beyond the area he
could touch ground. They were mocking him.

In Grace's defense. . . The water was a little on the cold side.


Grace says, "Someday I'm gonna ride this thing on the water."


The Jaroslow family and Gavin enjoying the hot rod boat we got before
our trip to Shaver Lake. With the trolling motor on the back
we reached speeds of 5 knots.


What can I say besides our little girl is so cute.

Our boy, Virgil, suprised us at Shaver Lake. We thought he
didn't like the water. He was a little apprehensive when he
couldn't touch ground, but he got his tennis ball.



2 comments:

  1. Scott, I had no idea you could write as well as you do! Buried talent, maybe? Thanks for sharing those pics. Grace is so freaking cute! What a long tongue she has too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott and Cynthia! See I think you don't post much and then you do.... I will have to be checking back every day for sure.

    I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your trailer, each other, family and friends and God's world...and sharing it with Grace too.

    What cute pictures...she is so precious.

    ReplyDelete